After an all-too-short night, the eyes not only fall but are also surrounded by dark circles. This is not actually pleasant – especially when the eyes of your female colleagues and co. look perfect.
The dark circles make a tired and ailing appearance? Younger people, in particular, are suffering from this considerably, because the dark shadows are anything but fresh, healthy and youthful.
To go to the doctor or beauty surgeon, however, you do not have to be in any case, because simple measures and home remedies often suffice to make the eye dark circles disappear. In order to be able to use these in a targeted manner, we also provide you with additional causes for the eye margins.
Enough Sleep! I repeat sleep
Sleep is THE home remedy for fatigue-induced dark circles. Be sure to sleep eight hours a night. This does not only affect the dark circles under the eyes and makes them disappear or at least become brighter, but also benefits the overall health and well-being.
If a full night sleep is not possible, try to get a nap in the day.
Cucumber Against Dark Circle
Cucumber slices are probably the classic for the dark circles and swollen eyes. Cucumber cools, soothes the skin and provides you with fluid. For this purpose, this home remedy is easy to use.
Simply cut two slices from a green cucumber, place them on the closed eyes and relax for at least ten minutes. The moist coolness brings about a gentle contraction of the blood vessels and thus makes them less conspicuous, the eye rings thus brighter.
In addition, the active ingredients in the cucumber cause an improved supply of moisture. This increases the tissue volume, so the skin is gently padded. This also reduces the eye-ring and dark circles.
Cold Against Dark Circle
Coldness causes contraction of the blood vessels, which makes them less obvious and is less noticeable in thin-skinned areas such as the lower eyelids.
In addition, you can choose from a wide range of options for cold as a home remedy for dark circles. The cooling is available almost any time. For example, you can:
- Wash your face with cold water.
- Wipe cotton pads with cold water and use them as eye compresses.
- Use a cool eye mask.
- Place the teaspoon in the refrigerator or place under cold water and then on the eyes.
- Use coolants or compresses.
- Thermal water spray on the eyes.
- Rub the ice cubes over the lower eyelids.
Potato Against Dark Circle
On the one hand, potatoes contain starch, anti-inflammatory, and skin-softening substances, and bleaching active ingredients. This allows you to help several times against eye rings.
Apart from the effect of raw potatoes, mashed potatoes can also be a wonderful home remedy for eye rings. We have compiled the most effective application possibilities for the potato:
- Chop a raw potato very finely or puree them. Apply the mass to the lower eyelids and leave them here for 10 to 20 minutes. Then remove the residues and rinse all residues with plenty of lukewarm to cool water.
- Rub or purée a raw potato, add one to two tablespoons of water and let this mixture stand for a few minutes. Stir well and then take the potato water with a cloth or cotton pad. Gently apply the solution to the eyelids. Remove the dried water after ten to 15 minutes.
- Boil a potato, mix it with some milk or cottage cheese and egg whites, until a firm paste is produced and let it cool. Apply this to the lower eyelid. The mash soothes the skin, while the cooling ensures the contraction of the blood vessels. After 15 minutes you can gently wipe the potato sludge and rinse remaining water.
Caffeine Against Dark Circle
Caffeine stimulates the blood circulation, improves the supply and also causes the blood vessels to contract. It can soften eye rings relatively quickly, but also has a persistent effect.
In addition, you can apply this home remedy at the same time at breakfast, to start with a fresher look in the day.
- Strong, cooled coffee directly to the lower eyelids. Gently tap the liquid with your fingers. Let it work for about ten minutes, and then rinse it with plenty of cool water.
- Soak two cotton pads with coffee and place them on the closed eyes for ten to 15 minutes.
- Mix ground coffee with a carrier oil, for example, almond oil or emu oil, and let the mixture pass through overnight. Dab the oil, without the coffee powder, on the thin skin under the eyes and pat it easily.
Almond Against Dark Circle
Almond oil keeps the skin supple, protects it from dehydration and can easily cushion it from the inside out. This makes eyelids brighter. However, the almond oil has to be used daily for a long period of time. Then, however, it has a preventive effect and can also act against wrinkles.
Apply a drop of the oil on each lower eyelid, and rub it before tapping the almond oil with the fingertips.
Massages stimulate the blood flow and improve the supply of the tissue. This allows you to soothe dark eye rings. For a longer lasting effect you should, therefore, use a light massage of the eyelids every day.